Discover the Top 10 Procrastination Busters
Do you find yourself procrastinating often? If so, here are 10 ways to bust the habit.
- Determine why: Why are you procrastinating? Are you not sure where to start? Are you not sure if it really has to be done? Is it too overwhelming? Once you know, that’s the first obstacle you have to tackle.
- Break it down: Determine the steps you need to take to tackle this project. Grab some index cards and put one step of the project on each card. Then pick a card and start.
- Do it first: Make the first task of your day the one you’ve been procrastinating on. Commit to doing just 20 minute’s worth of work to help move that project ahead.
- Eyes on the prize: You’ll be more apt to check each task off one by one, if you have mini-rewards to look forward to at the end of each.
- Don’t tackle it alone: Delegate what you can...to a family member, a co-worker, or a friend.
- Get inspired: Imagine how good you’re going to feel when this task or project is done. Play some inspiring music or read some motivating quotes before you begin, and after you complete each task. Celebrate each accomplishment.
- Get your work area organized: Messy work areas are one of the major barriers to getting things done.
- Stay energized: It’s more difficult to get a project done if you’re feeling sluggish. Before you begin, and after completing each step, do something active, like going for a walk, doing jumping jacks, or dancing. If you’re truly exhausted and these sound way too energetic for you, perhaps you need a 20-minute power nap.
- Tell the world: Tell the world what you’re trying to get accomplished--your spouse, your best friend, your social networks. Making yourself accountable to others may be just the boost you need.
- Stay focused: Get your voicemail to pick up your calls. Turn off email and instant message notifiers. Turn off the TV. These are all distractions that can cloud your focus.
Visit www.GetOrganizedNow.com?smead for a FREE Organizing Idea-Pak to help you organize your home, your office, and your life!