Making Your Desktop an Efficient Work Area
Having your most used tools and references handy on your desk helps you work faster. Here are some ideas for fast and easy access to your most important reference information.
Follow these three principles for making your desktop an efficient work area:
- Make groups.
- Put in order.
- Keep close.
Having things right at your fingertips makes you highly productive and feel totally in control.
Use Colored SuperTab Folders in a desktop rack to hold frequently referenced material.
- Gather the materials that you refer to frequently throughout the day; phone directories, email addresses, lists, catalogs, schedules, prices.
- Group items by the way you will look for them, such as suppliers in one group, customers in another.
- Assign a different color SuperTab Folder to each group.
PUT IN ORDER.
- Place materials in SuperTab Folders using the appropriate category colors.
- Write the name of each type of reference on the oversized tab.
- Order the folders alphabetically within each color group.
- Put the folders in a desktop rack.
- Position the rack near your computer within easy reaching distance.