Technical AnalystApply Online
Smead Manufacturing Company is a leader in office filing and organizing products. Smead is a privately held, woman-owned business well-known for its integrity, high quality, environmentally responsible products and innovative organizational systems. The Company is headquartered just 20 miles southeast of St. Paul in Hastings, Minnesota.
Smead Manufacturing Company IT Infrastructure team is looking for a result oriented Technical Analyst to support corporate multi-plants IT services.
The Technical Analyst is responsible for supporting the company's VoIP, Data Center business applications and IT infrastructure management tools, including day-to-day operational support and repairs, as well as participation of architecting, designing and implementing infrastructure technologies, equipment, and telecommunication services. The successful candidate will deliver IT services within Smead’s defined standards, procedures and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and support business applications and infrastructure software according to best practices.
- Perform regular approved patches and fixes.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and resolve issues often under time constraints.
- Assist in establishing information security best practices and implement.
- Create and maintain documentations.
- Manage and monitor application solutions and fixes.
- Work closely with team to achieve goals and improve processes.
- Collaborate with peers to identify and define short and long term IT infrastructure requirements; define expansion, growth and end-of-life strategies.
- Manage escalated incidents effectively and communicate major incidents to senior management.
- Implement changes as directed by senior management.
- Provide excellent customer service and after hours on-call support including weekends (rotation).
- Follow all incident and problem management policies and procedures. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage multiple and conflicting priorities utilizing effective time management skills.
- Possess strong analytical, trouble shooting and incident management skills.
- Understand project management methodologies and project delivery.
- Promote and ensure projects, incidents and change controls follow ITIL standards.
- Assist in preparing business cases and have strong documentation skills.
- Communicate effectively with staff, clients and senior management.
- Stay current with the latest relevant technology trends.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or relevant College education or industry experience.
- 3 to 4 years of solid hands on experience in Microsoft Windows Server, applications implementation and management for medium size Data Centers.
- Proven ability to engineer, build and test data center applications.
- Two years of experience with VOIP application.
- Two years of experience with collaboration application.
- Two years of experience with operations and production support.
- Experience with Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, SharePoint and SCOM a plus.
This position is located in Hastings, 15 min SE of St. Paul; an easy commute from the south or east side of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Smead Manufacturing Company is a leader in office filing products. Smead is a privately held, family-owned business well-known for its integrity, high quality, environmentally responsible products and innovative organizational systems.
No relocation provided. No Agencies.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.