Director of MarketingApply Online
Directs the development of brand marketing plans for filing products. Defines and directs the strategy for marketing existing and new products into current channels of distribution. Manages and directs Marketing Management staff on project work. Directs the development of new products and manages the existing filing product line to include: product improvements, product restages including design, production methods, packaging, pricing, promotion and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible to lead a team of Product Marketing Managers who develop end user focused marketing best practices based on industry benchmarks and standards across all channels of business (and verticals).
- Responsible to lead a team of Product Marketing Managers on new product development and product improvements.
- Works closely with the external market research vendor to capture key consumer and market research that enables continuous development of the Smead brand of filing products and development of new consumer opportunities (products and services) for both retail and commercial.
- Responsible for developing brand strategies and initiatives, which include product positioning, quality standards, and market pricing guidelines.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of comprehensive annual marketing plans to support Sales initiatives.
- Supports CCD's development of category and channel business plans.
- Responsible for developing product marketing plans specific to both the retail consumer and reseller, as well as the commercial consumer and reseller.
- Responsible for leading annual SKU Reduction initiatives with the Product Marketing Manager team.
- Responsible for effectively managing allocation of resources within the Product Marketing Management team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 10+ years in Marketing & 5 years in Management along with 3 – 5 years’ experience in:
- New product development in a manufacturing company required
- CPG experience required.
Other training desirable for the position:
- Proven expertise in data calculations and pricing management.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft BI Tool a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To be a successful candidate for this position the candidate will need to possess excellent presentation and communication skills; strong project management experience; strong relationship-building ability; strong organizational skills; a strong follow-through with great attention to detail; the ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and make recommendations based on numbers and/or fact-based information; the ability to understand the cross functional pieces of the Office Products industry and bring value-added thinking to improve our go to market business strategy.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.