Director of MarketingApply Online
Directs the development of brand marketing plans for filing products across all channels and customers and is responsible for achieving company business goals for product quality, availability, and profitability for all filing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to lead a team of individuals who develop consumer focused marketing best practices based on industry benchmarks and standards across all channels of business (and verticals).
- Responsible for developing Brand strategies and initiatives, which include product positioning, quality standards, and market pricing guidelines.
- Leads the assessment of current brand/category plans to formulate specific promotional objectives.
- Leads the development of category definition across the Smead organization.
- Supports the development of category and channel business plans.
- Responsible for evaluating the assortment options vs objectives to ensure alignment with marketing plans.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 10+ years in Marketing & 5 years in Management along with experience in new product development, innovation, strategy and research.
- CPG experience required.
Other training desirable for the position:
- Proven expertise in data calculations and pricing management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel require
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft BI Tool a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To be a successful candidate for this position the candidate will need to possess excellent presentation and communication skills; strong project management experience; strong relationship-building ability; strong organizational skills; a strong follow-through with great attention to detail; the ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and make recommendations based on numbers and/or fact-based information; the ability to understand the cross functional pieces of the Office Products industry and bring value-added thinking to improve our go to market business strategy.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.