Category & Channel Insights AnalystApply Online
This key sales support position provides analytical insight support for the development and creation of category, channel and customer specific business plans - including eCommerce initiatives - with the goal of strengthening our overall sales execution. Interacts on a daily basis with National Account Managers and select reseller accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies KEY INSIGHTS contained within reseller sales data that play a direct impact on channel, category and market performance.
- Supports National Account Managers and select accounts with ad hoc data requests and analysis.
- Provides analytical support and insights into the development and creation of Smead’s channel and customer specific business plans.
- Analyze and report on the relationship between sales data and market trends. Analyze similarities and differences in both internal and external data sets while extracting the necessary insights.
- Recommend ways to create efficiencies in data analytics and insight development.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or similar field of study.
- Relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years in Sales or Marketing.
Other training desirable for the position:
- Proven expertise in data calculations, statistics and management.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft BI Tool a plus.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
To be a successful candidate for this position the candidate will need to possess excellent presentation and communication skills; strong project management experience; strong relationship-building ability; strong organizational skills; a strong follow-through with great attention to detail; the ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and make recommendations based on numbers and/or fact-based information; the ability to understand the cross functional pieces of the Office Products industry and bring value added thinking to improve our go to market business strategy.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
|Department:||Category Channel Development|