Customer Service Representative Level 1Apply Online
The Customer Service Representative serves as a liaison between the customer and Smead internal departments/external sales force using multiple communication channels: internet email, telephone & web portal supporting both commercial and direct consumer sales. Additional responsibilities include: order management, billing, freight lost & damage investigation as well as office support functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer interactions (external & internal); External customers: receive, research, and answer customer inquiries regarding products and service concerns. Respond and resolve concern to ensure customer’s continual satisfaction. Internal customers: interact with Smead internal departments such as credit coordinators, quality control manager, shipping/expediting and sister companies, S&W and U Brands.
- Manage inbound order flow via multiple receiving methods: EDI, web portals, email & phone. Monitor order entire life cycle from clarification to input to shipment and delivery. Resolve issues arising from the management process to ensure the end users receive the correct item and amounts in a timely manner.
- Provide customer account information via all contact mechanisms; phone, email & web portal including pricing through the use of multiple ERP systems: PeopleSoft, Macola and NetSuite. Adjust customer billing via credits and debits to reflect after-order agreements and/or national account rebates.
- Document customer dialogue to maintain an accurate account of customer event.
- Maintain knowledge of product lines, pricing lanes, production lead and delivery timeframes, vendor drop ship items and promotional/bid pricing or offerings.
- Front office support functions including switchboard back-up and filing.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office/Internet navigation and search skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior customer service skills and orientation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative style and ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
Other training, skills or certifications that are desirable for the position:
- Knowledge of Smead product line and customer base
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft panels and procedures to service dealers
Smead Manufacturing is a leader in office filing products and records management systems. We are a privately held, women–owned business well-known for integrity, high quality, environmentally responsible products and innovative organizational systems. We are located in Hastings, MN.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.