- Gather the materials that you refer to most often.
- Sort them into categories that make sense to you. Group items by the name you will think of first when you look for them, such as Client Phone Numbers, Supplier Price Lists or Product Specification Sheets.
- Keep a file on your computer with a list of the names of each group. Add names to the list for any new categories added to the file. Print the list whenever a change is made.
PUT IN ORDER.
- Use an A-Z TUFF™ Expanding File® in a file drawer.
- Place grouped materials in the pocket with the first letter of the name for that category.
- Each pocket has room for more than 150 pages of material.
- File in a nearby drawer. Post your category list near the drawer so you can see it when accessing the file.
- The file drawer should be within easy reach.
Components of this Organomics Idea include:
- A-Z TUFF™ Expanding File®
Learn more about these Organomics ideas:
3-steps to keeping important references at your fingertips