SMEAD DEBUTS RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
New System Greatly Reduces the Risk of Overburdened Workers with Heavy Caseloads Mishandling Important Files
HASTINGS, Minn.-Mar. 18, 2008-Smead Manufacturing Company (http://www.smead.com)-the world leader in organizing and simplifying the lifecycle management of records in any form-today announced the release of SmeadSoft Records Management for Health and Human Services. The system, designed to help case file workers, supervisors and administrators maintain control of case loads, ensures that court cases won’t be compromised by missing or mishandled case files. This product joins a suite of government-focused solutions designed by Smead to serve the government marketplace, including paper filing systems, labeling systems and software solutions.
"Health and human services (HHS) professionals recognize that they have an obligation to support and protect citizens that may need a little extra help," said Smead Chief Operating Officer Bob Karrick. "Missing or mishandled records and data can mean delays in providing time-critical services. Our software takes care of managing the records, so HHS professionals can do the real work of providing support to those that need it the most."
SmeadSoft Records Management for Health and Human Services was designed to help HHS professionals manage all records in one consolidated system. User friendly and easy to deploy, the product tracks and maintains records, both physical and electronic, and then customizes them to meet the unique needs of the health and human services professional. The software helps manage all key areas covered by HHS, including environmental and consumer health protection, children and youth, families and adults, elderly care, and more.
Additional benefits of the system include:
- Automated workflow processes for case file management;
- A flexible setup that helps case file workers, supervisors and administrators maintain control of case loads;
- The ability to identify and track the location and status of case files with real-time reporting from case initiation to disposition; and
- Reminder task lists to ward off potential backlog problems.
Government-focused Software Solutions from Smead
With its rich history of working with nearly 40,000 government users, Smead understands the unique needs of government agencies. Smead’s department-specific applications for government include:
- SmeadSoft Records Management Systems for Government
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Case File Management
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Property and Evidence
- SmeadSoft Property and Evidence Room, paper-tracking system
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Clerks and Registrars
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Health and Human Services
- ColorBar, color-labeling solutions
For more information on software solutions from Smead, visit http://www.smeadsoft.com.
As the worldwide leader in records management, Smead Manufacturing Company has brought a spirit of innovation and integrity to keeping businesses and home offices organized for more than 100 years. Smead offers filing systems and software solutions for government, commercial enterprises and consumers designed to offer unparalleled ease of use and organizational clarity.
Headquartered in Hastings, Minn., Smead is a privately held, woman-owned business offering thousands of organizational products with more than 2,600 employees in 14 manufacturing plants located across North America and Europe. For information, go to http://www.smead.com.
Latest News Releases
February 8 2011
Smead Announces Colorbar 7.0 Release
June 21 2010
Smead Named Vendor Of The Year