SMEADSOFT UNVEILS COMPLETE SUITE OF PRODUCTS FOR TRACKING AND MAINTAINING PROPERTY AND EVIDENCE
Solutions to help any Size Law Enforcement Agency virtually Eliminate Missing or Mishandled Evidence
HASTINGS, Minn.—Feb. 4, 2008— SmeadSoft® (http://www.smeadsoft.com), a division of Smead Manufacturing Company (http://www.smead.com)-the world leader in integrated records management-today announced the release of a suite of enhanced products for tracking and maintaining property and evidence (P&E). SmeadSoft 8.5 offers functionality for any sized law enforcement agency to track each and every item in property rooms throughout the chain of custody, virtually eliminating missing or mishandled property and evidence.
"Being able to manage both physical and electronic evidence is critical for our environment," said Roger Borst, Property and Evidence Room Manager for Westland, Michigan's Police Department. "Being able to guarantee integrity is key to the job and SmeadSoft is a key partner in accomplishing that goal. With Smead we never worry about the integrity of our property room."
"This new product suite was designed in cooperation with county and municipal law enforcement agencies to reflect real-life property and evidence flows" said Smead Chief Operating Officer Bob Karrick. "Smead's decades of experience with over 40,000 government clients is reflected in this new product suite. The underlying principles of records management overlap closely to the security needs critical in property and evidence tracking, so it's a natural step for us."
SmeadSoft Property & Evidence Room Management Software
Smead's Property and Evidence Room Management Software is designed for police departments that demand the industry's premier solution for tracking physical evidence within the property room. SmeadSoft Property & Evidence Room Management Software enables users to streamline evidence handling and improve overall efficiency with a specialized tool set proven to minimize incidents of lost evidence and improve security over the chain of custody.
Key features include:
- Task Lists that help keep officers, clerks, detectives and supervisors from encountering any potential backlog problems.
- Formatted reports that can contain specific information, such as Current Hard Property or Monthly Inventory. An audit of the property and evidence room can be performed at any time or on a set schedule.
- A spectrum of bar code labeling options including evidence locker labeling and property.
- A closed loop property disposition process.
- Advanced administrative tools designed for easy management of multiple detectives through assigned case numbers.
SmeadSoft Records Management System for Property and Evidence
Smead's second solutions, SmeadSoft Records Management System for Property and Evidence is designed to be an indispensible tool to manage and maintain all records in the busiest law enforcement agencies. The system tracks paper, objects and electronic records in a sophisticated system that is also easy-to-use. Its ability to track every item throughout the chain of custody makes it the industry's best solution to virtually eliminate missing or mishandled evidence, make all items instantly identifiable and locatable, and slash property and evidence room space requirements.
SmeadSoft Records Management System for Property and Evidence includes all of the functionality included in SmeadSoft's Property and Evidence Room solution in addition to:
- Chain of custody with digitized signatures for tracking control and auditability that reduces or eliminates evidence-mishandling claims.
- A sophisticated inventory management system that makes it easy to locate items instantly.
- Automation of retention schedules that reduces storage space requirements.
- Standard reports and flexible ad-hoc reporting that make it easy to monitor, manage, and report on evidence and related case information.
- Automated monthly inventory samplings that reduce or even eliminate annual audits.
- Digital imaging functionality that allows photos of objects to be attached to the record as well as electronic scans of original documents.
- Hard and soft evidence compliance that means both physical and electronic evidence is available using a single system interface, making both easier to manage.
- Links of one-to-many relationships that tie one piece of evidence to many incidents or crimes or cases that give authorized personnel simultaneous access to evidence and associated cases instantaneously.
- Predefined detective case and workflow management that links property and evidence with case files, making access to case information fast and easy, so there's less time in court.
Smead Manufacturing Company is the most recognized and respected name in office filing products and records management worldwide. As Smead's software division, SmeadSoft is the leading supplier of unified records management solutions designed to help organize and simplify the lifecycle management of a record in any form. We offer government, commercial and consumer applications that tie together software, services and corresponding paper products delivering unparalleled ease of use and organizational clarity. SmeadSoft is a product of Smead's 100 years of experience providing innovative, robust and adaptable solutions for efficient document management. Headquartered in Hastings, Minn., Smead is a privately held, woman-owned business. For more information, go to http://www.smeadsoft.com.
Latest News Releases
February 8 2011
Smead Announces Colorbar 7.0 Release